Dos and Don’ts
- Do take advantage of the many resources the Alumnae Association offers.
- Do communicate with your constituents regularly.
- If your club has a website, do keep it updated. Keeping a website current with up-to-date content is one of the keys to a successful web presence.
- If your club has bylaws, do make sure the operations of the club are consistent with them.
- Do maintain contact on club activities with the Alumnae Association’s director of regional engagement and with the Clubs Committee liaison for your region.
- If sending out your own club communications, be sure to send a copy to the director of regional engagement.
- Do check with the director of regional engagement before initiating a fundraising project other than the Alumnae Scholar Program.
- Do be extremely cautious with alumnae contact lists or any other lists that contain alumnae information. They should not be shared with anyone else who is not affiliated with Mount Holyoke College, nor should the information be used for commercial, political, or private fundraising purposes. The file should be deleted after use. If the information is printed, the pages should be shredded after use.
- Do be in touch immediately if you need help with a club matter or are not able to continue in your volunteer role.
- When organizing events, do be inclusive—it is critical that everyone feel welcome. Please read more here.
- Do not use your club’s platform for personal initiatives.
Questions? Email the director of regional engagement.
April 24, 2017