Symposium Registration Fees
We are keeping the fee structure simple and offering one three-day weekend package for everyone, which includes events from the evening of Friday, October 2, to noon on Sunday, October 4, 2015.
- Three-day weekend package for alumnae who graduated in 2005 or before: 160 euro*
- Three-day weekend package for alumnae who graduated in 2006 or after (within the last ten years ) as well as current MHC students: 110 euro*
- Three-day weekend package for guests of alumnae, MHC faculty, and staff: 160 euro*
The following meals are included in the three-day weekend package:
- Friday evening cocktails
- Friday dinner (drinks excluded)
- Saturday coffee breaks and buffet lunch at the Leuven University Library
- Saturday evening gala dinner and drinks
- Sunday coffee
*Registration fees increase by 50 euro after August 15, 2015.
Important notes: Please scroll down this webpage for information about financial assistance and scholarships. Symposium registration fee does not include hotel accommodations. You will need to book hotel accommodation separately.
Registration closes on September 15, 2015.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Credit Card Security Code from the back of the credit card is required to complete registration.
- Bank Transfer: Within Europe a Bank Transfer to the IBAN account of the St. Mount Holyoke Club of The Netherlands (details are included in the registration form).
Please note: Bank transfer is the preferred form of payment from alumnae living in Europe.
A fee of 20 euro will be charged on cancellations prior to July 15, 2015. From July 15 to August 30, 2015, a fee of 50 percent will be charged on cancellations. After August 30, 2015, no refunds will be given.
Financial Assistance and Sandy Spoor Wepster Scholarships
The European Alumnae Council is able to offer Symposium registration fees for a limited number of alumnae who may not be able to attend otherwise due to financial hardship. Financial assistance covers the registration fee only. The alumna would still be responsible for her own travel and accommodation.
Requests for a financial assistance application form should be made to the European Council at email@example.com prior to registration. Please mark email requests “Leuven Financial Assistance.” Completed forms will be treated in strict confidence. Deadline for receipt of completed applications is June 30.
Please note: Young alumnae should take into consideration that they are already being awarded a discount of 50 euro. Financial assistance is for extraordinary circumstances only.
Sandy Spoor Wepster Scholarships:
The Sandy Spoor Wepster Fund, established to honor the memory of this Dutch alumna, class of 1947, who recently passed away, is able to offer two scholarships to specifically cover registration fees for one Mount Holyoke 2015-2016 Junior Year Abroad student and one older alumna (graduated in 1970 or earlier). Applicants must submit their request supported by a short statement (max. 200 words) elaborating on the following statement: “A Mount Holyoke education is a key to the world: my experience”. The final selection will be made by the Chair of the European Council and representatives of the Leuven organizing committee. The winners will be honored during the Saturday gala dinner in Leuven.
Applications for this scholarship must be made to the European Council at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration. Please mark email requests “Sandy Spoor Wepster Scholarship”. Deadline for submission is June 30.
April 9, 2015