Thanks to generous gifts from alumnae, the Alumnae Association is able to offer a small number of fellowships each year to Mount Holyoke graduates. The terms of each of these gifts govern the parameters for the use of the fellowship funds and the amount of money available for distribution. Applicants may apply to multiple fellowships through one application, as long as they meet the criteria of each award.
Applications for fellowships awarded for July of the current year, are due by January 15 of the current year.
- Bardwell Memorial Fellowship: Awarded to a recent graduate of no more than five years, without limitation to field of work or place of study.
- Frances Mary Hazen Fellowship: Awarded, preferably, to a candidate in the field of classics.
- Hannum-Warner Travel Fellowship: Awarded for travel and study, preferably in Asia (although the West is not excluded).
- Dr. Mary P. Dole Medical Fellowship: Awarded for research to alumnae, preferably to those who hold a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Mary E. Woolley Fellowship: A keystone award given annually by the Alumnae Association. Awarded without limitation as to year of graduation, field of work, or place of study.
- Rachel Brown Fellowship: Awarded for the first year of graduate study in the physical or biological sciences to those who majored in these fields.
- The 1905 Fellowship: Awarded without limitation as to year of graduation, field of work, or place of study.
If you have questions about the application process, visit the Fellowships FAQ. If you would like to confirm that your materials have been received, email the fellowship coordinator. For information on fellowships offered through Mount Holyoke College, click here.