Thanks to generous gifts from alumnae, the Alumnae Association is able to offer a small number of fellowships each year to Mount Holyoke graduates. The terms of each of these gifts govern the parameters for the use of the fellowship funds and the amount of money available for distribution. Applicants may apply to multiple fellowships through one application, as long as they meet the criteria of each award. Applications for fellowships awarded for July of the current year, are due by January 15 of the current year.
- Bardwell Memorial Fellowship: Awarded to a recent graduate (within five years), without limitation to field of work or place of study.
- Frances Mary Hazen Fellowship: Awarded, preferably, to a candidate in the field of classics.
- Hannum-Warner Travel Fellowship: Awarded for travel and study, preferably in Asia (although the West is not excluded).
- Dr. Mary P. Dole Medical Fellowship: Awarded for research to alumnae, preferably to those who hold a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Lyon’s Pride Fellowship: Awarded, preferably, to a candidate pursuing an LGBT, gender, or feminist studies project.
- Mary E. Woolley Fellowship: The Alumnae Association’s most prestigious award, granted regardless of year of graduation, field of work, or place of study.
- Rachel Brown Fellowship: Awarded for the first year of graduate study in the physical or biological sciences to those who majored in these fields.
- The 1905 Fellowship: Awarded regardless of year of graduation, field of work, or place of study.
Additional Funding Opportunities
The Mount Holyoke College Office of National Fellowships promotes and handles applications to several major fellowships for which alumnae may be eligible. Alumnae are invited to review the Major Fellowships List to determine which awards might match their interests, education, and experience. Alumnae who wish to apply for these awards are welcome to make an appointment with Christine Overstreet, National Fellowships Advisor. Available awards include:
- Carnegie Endowment Junior Fellows Award
- Churchill Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Arts Award
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Grant
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Luce Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mitchell Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship