The Fellowship Program is highly selective and a limited number of applicants receive awards each year, ranging between $1,000 and $7,500. No funding request should exceed $7,500. Those who do not receive awards are encouraged to reapply.
January 15: Application Deadline – all application materials must be received by fellowships coordinator.
April 30: Notification – all applicants will be notified by this date.
July 1–30: Funding – all winners will be mailed checks.
June 30 (following year): Project Reports Due – recipient progress reports are due to fellowships coordinator.
Applications will not be considered without all of the components below.
- Application form
- Essay addressing the following questions (500 words or less):
- What is the goal of the project?
- How will you achieve the goal?
- Why do you think you can achieve the goal?
- What is the significance of the goal beyond your own personal accomplishment?
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (Letters must come directly from the recommender to the fellowship coordinator via email, postal mail, or this recommendation form.)
- Mount Holyoke transcript. Unofficial transcripts will also be accepted. (Submit transcript requests directly to the Mount Holyoke College Registrar’s Office at least four weeks prior to the January 15 deadline.)
Any hard copy materials should be mailed to the following address:
Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College
Mary Woolley Hall
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-1486
Email Fellowship Coordinator
If you have questions about the application process, visit the Fellowships FAQ. If you would like to confirm that your materials have been received, email the fellowship coordinator or call 413-538-2300. For information on fellowships offered through Mount Holyoke College, click here.