Volunteer for Admission
Alumnae admission volunteers help the MHC admission effort in many ways including contacting students on the inquiry file, interviewing prospective students, representing Mount Holyoke College at college fairs, sponsoring book awards, and hosting special events for prospective students and their parents. Volunteers are organized by geographical region, with most regions headed by an Alumna Admission Representative (AAR).
Alumnae clubs play important roles in supporting AARs and their assistants. If you do not know the name of the AAR assigned to your club area, contact the Office of Admission by phone at 413-538-2023.
Clubs can help coordinate admission efforts in the following ways:
- Notify the AAR in your region of all club meetings so that she can attend if she chooses
- Attend college fairs at high schools
- Help the AAR and assistants to write postcards to/call prospective students
- Help sponsor an event for prospective students with their parents and siblings
- Help sponsor an event for admitted students in April
- Organize a “Rose Drop,” in which the club drops off roses to accepted students
- Invite current students to club events
- Send care packages to incoming first-year students
- Stay in touch with current students during final exams or the holidays