Menu

Departments

Jennifer Grow ’94

Departments

Editor of the Alumnae Quarterly on the Challenge of Telling the Mount Holyoke Story

¶ Jennifer Grow ’94 has been editor of the Alumnae Quarterly since 2013. Previously she was assistant editor of Williams College alumni magazines for thirteen years and held positions in… ... » Read more

Rocking chair and fireplace at Sycamores

Departments

Sycamores: A Look Inside the Home of South Hadley’s Wealthiest Bachelor (in 1788)

Sycamores, located on Woodbridge Street north of the Mount Holyoke campus and named for the grand trees that once lined the building’s path, was built in 1788 by Colonel Benjamin… ... » Read more

Two members of the Blackstick literary society

Departments

The Origins of Mount Holyoke’s Esteemed Blackstick Literary Society

From 1909 to 1961 a select few upperclass students could be seen wandering around campus with a distinctive black stripe down their forehead and nose and a placard around their… ... » Read more

Ba'hai prayer

Departments

19th Century “Prayer for Mount Holyoke” Rediscovered in the Archives

Uniting a Community In 1919 Charlotte D’Evelyn, a new member of the Mount Holyoke English faculty, received a “Prayer for Mount Holyoke,” written by Abdu’l-Baha, who was then the head… ... » Read more