Dr. and Mrs. Yamashita changed the lives of a generation of Mount Holyoke students through their dedication to education in East Asian Studies. One part of their exemplary work was realized in the construction of the tearoom Wa-shin-an, completed in 1984 and named by the Urasenke grand master…... » Read more
In 1961 the amphitheater was constructed as just one part of an ambitious campus improvement plan implemented by Richard Glenn Gettell, the College’s thirteenth president. In its earliest years Pageant Green was a popular spot for professors to hold class on a nice day. In…... » Read more
Pancake Study Break Late on May 1—the first day of final exams—a line of hungry Mount Holyoke students assembled at the All Saints’ Episcopal Church in South Hadley for a late-night breakfast, a cheerful respite from studying. From 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., volunteers from…... » Read more
Built in the years immediately following the fire of 1896, which destroyed the original seminary building on campus, Talcott Greenhouse displays a living collection of plants from around the world. First-years can stop by to collect a complimentary plant—most often a jade or spider. The…... » Read more
Undefined constant "REQUEST_URI"