Alumnae Fellowship Application Requirements
The Alumnae Fellowship Program is highly selective and a limited number of applicants receive awards each year, ranging between $1,000 and $7,500. No funding request should exceed $7,500. Those who do not receive awards are encouraged to reapply. If you have received a fellowship in the past, you may apply again, but preference will be given to those who have not been awarded a fellowship.
For smoothest application experience, please prepare all associated materials before beginning.
Applications will not be considered without all of the components below. All documentation must be received by November 30.
- Application form, which includes:
- Essay to be uploaded (acceptable formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf) addressing the following questions in 500 words or less:
- What is the goal of the project?
- How will you achieve the goal?
- Why do you think you can achieve the goal?
- What is the significance of the goal beyond your own personal accomplishment?
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to be uploaded (acceptable formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf)
- Mount Holyoke transcript. Only current students are required to submit a Mount Holyoke transcript. Alumnae do not need to submit transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts (available at no cost) will be accepted, and students may access them through MyMountHolyoke. Note: The Registrar’s Office does not provide unofficial transcripts.
- There is no benefit for this application by requesting an official transcript, but you may request it by completing a Transcript Request Form.
- Three letters of recommendation to be uploaded by recommender only. Please share this link with those whom you are requesting recommendations from: alumnae.mtholyoke.edu/recommendation
- Applicant must be a graduate of Mount Holyoke College or a graduating senior by May of the year of application.
Sending applications electronically is best, but if you choose to send hard copy, please email the fellowship coordinator with this information so that steps can be taken to obtain these materials while staff work remotely.
Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College
Mary Woolley Hall
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-1486
If you have questions about the application process, visit the Fellowships FAQ. If you would like to confirm that your materials have been received, email the fellowship coordinator or call 413-538-2300. For information on fellowships offered through Mount Holyoke College, click here.