Alum Scholar Fund
The Alum Scholar Fund provides scholarship money to students in financial need. The MHC Office of Development selects the scholars. Here’s how the program works:
- A club or group may raise funds by soliciting donations or holding annual fundraising events. Some clubs or groups hold annual fundraising events, such as live or silent auctions, antique shows, or book sales.
- A club that contributes $5,000 or more to the Alum Scholar Fund within one fiscal year has the honor of sponsoring a “named scholar” from the region.
- Contributions are acknowledged at Alumnae Association annual meeting and in the College’s annual report.
- Clubs should emphasize to members that contributions to the Alum Scholar Fund do not replace the need for individual unrestricted annual gifts to the College.
- Contributions to the Alum Scholar Fund must be made by June 30 via check made payable to “Mount Holyoke College,” with “Alumnae Scholar Fund” written in the memo line. Checks should be mailed to the Alumnae Association, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075.
August 18, 2016