European Alumnae Symposium
The Story of Latvia’s Strength: How a Culture Saved a Nation
October 6–8, 2017
The fourteenth Mount Holyoke European Alumnae Symposium will take place in Riga, Latvia! Since 1987 Mount Holyoke alumnae have been gathering in cities around Europe to exchange ideas and reconnect with one another and the College.
Join us at our next symposium in Riga, Latvia, for an unforgettable weekend—a chance to see old friends, make new ones, and learn about the fascinating history and culture of the “Heart of the Baltics.” Riga, often referred to as the “Paris of the North,” with its wonderful art nouveau architecture and vibrant café culture, is located along the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea and is easily accessible from the rest of Europe.
Our confirmed speakers and performers:
- Linda Laderach, professor of music, Mount Holyoke College
- Larry Schipull, professor of music, Mount Holyoke College
- Jeffrey Sommers, professor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; visiting faculty at Stockholm School of Economics, Riga
Special guests include:
- Sonya Stephens, acting president, Mount Holyoke College
- Marcia Brumit Kropf ’67, board president, Mount Holyoke Alumnae Association
Make your plans now to join us October 6–8, 2017, in Riga! This dynamic city is strategically located only twenty minutes away from Riga International Airport and was the European Capital of Culture in 2014.
We look forward to seeing you in Riga!
Your organizing committee,
Indra Priede ’92
Aniela White Staszewska ’05
Ilze Zinge Kreslina CG’89
Email us with any questions.