Community Building Advice for New Grads
Starting Over 101
Feeling daunted by the prospect of creating a new community after commencement? The Alumnae Association is here to keep your connection to MHC and sister alumnae strong and growing.
- Update your contact information on the alumnae association website so classmates can always find you.
- Get socially networked. Like us on Facebook, subscribe to our Twitter feed, or join one of many LinkedIn groups. Do the same for your class’s social networks.
- Join your local MHC alumnae club and participate in events.
- Find a mentor through our online career network. An older alumna who already lives in your area can introduce you to her professional network.
- Make new friends, but keep the old. Reconnect with classmates on campus at your two-year reunion and mingle with a range of other classes in reunion at the same time.
- Read the Alumnae Quarterly and the Laurel Chain enewsletter—you’re likely to find alums with similar interests and learn about new ways to stay connected.
November 20, 2012
Leave a Reply